Tuesday 30 September 2014

TOP 10 CELEBRITY STYLE CRUSHES

Kylie Jenner.jpgalexa-chung-in-chanel-with-straw-bag.jpgelle-01-kate-moss-birthday-miumiu-2012-xln.jpg

We've all got one, that one celebrity whose wardrobe you'd give your right arm to raid. Well in my case, I have about 60 and so attempting to compile these lists has been absolute torture - it's been like trying to pick whether I would rather eat marshmallows or chocolate everyday for the rest of my life! So here they are, my top 10 celebrity style crushes.


10. Kylie Jenner


Let's be honest, there is not a single style list out there which doesn't include at least one member of the Kardashian/ Jenner family. For me though, Kylie really nails her individual style and has made grunge seriously glamorous. Surely I wasn't the only one that went out and bought an oversized blue shirt and over the knee boots seconds after pictures of her wearing the outfit was published?
Kylie Jenner.jpgkyliejenner.jpg

9. Mindy Kaling

This for me is more than a style crush, it's more like a lady crush. Not only is Mindy one of the funniest comediennes on TV right now, but she also proves that you don't have to be a 6ft twiglet to look incredible on the red carpet. This is not the only reason why I'm championing Mindy on this list, her work wear outfits in The Mindy Project are the things that dreams are made of. Watch, take notes and you'll never turn up to work experience dressed like your mother ever again.
mindy-kaling.jpgMindy.png

8. Rihanna

I wore black for a week to mourn the death of Rihanna's Instagram account. I'm well aware that Rihanna is a contentious entry on this list and her style is somewhat like marmite, people seem to either love it or despise it. Call it what you like, I'm sure we can all agree that her sexy ghetto goth style is fierce and certainly never boring.

rihanna-outfits-style.jpgRihannas-Giorgio-Baldi-Simone-Rocha-Spring-2014-White-Crop-Top-and-Embellished-Plastic-Skirt- (1).jpg

7. Phoebe Lettice- Thompson

There's not many MIC girls I wouldn't consider putting on this list they all have covetable wardrobes, but Phoebe's style has a special place in my heart. Her sports luxe looks have shown that comfy, leisure wear can still be stylish which has been proven with her collaboration with the London brand 'Illustrated People'. Who knew basketball shorts could be so cute?

Phoebe.jpgFeeebs.jpg

6. The Wiglo clan

The Wiglo clan consists of Sam Rollinson, Eve Delf, Charlotte Wiggins, and Matilda Lother- yes I am cheating by putting them all together but cut me some slack, they'd take up the whole list! If you haven't already heard of them, I'm sure you would have seen their beautiful faces on the wall of Topshop when you've ran in for a quick splurge on loan day (yes we all do it!) These girls have mastered, classic, British, relaxed style- think oversized T Shirts, paisley print shirts, ripped skinny jeans and barely there makeup. They're effortlessly cool. #donnyguns

wiglo.jpgeve-delf02_glamour_9sep13_SM_b_592x888.jpgdonny guns.jpg

5. Gwen Stefani

The top 5, this is where it starts to get hard all these women have another level of style. I have been obsessed with Gwen's style since way back in her No Doubt days - I still want that blue fluffy bikini top! Years on, she's still as stylish as ever, proving her fashion expertise with her hugely successful fashion house L.A.M.B and still rocking bold, statement lips.
tumblr_lt2pw22Vcz1r3gb6ao1_1280.jpg5-gwen-stefani-street-style-a.jpg

4. Victoria Beckham

I don't need to explain this one, it's Posh Spice and we all love her style! C'mon, she's practically fashion royalty. Her fashion house is to die for and is a master class in simple, effortless sophistication.

VB.jpgvictoria-beckham-london-pic161166.jpg

3. Alexa Chung

I have loved Alexa's style ever since she presented the early morning breakfast show Freshly Squeezed on channel 4. Whether she's rocking a velvet trouser suit on the red carpet or strolling around town in a tea dress and a pair of brogues, she's impeccably dressed. Want to steal her style? Buy her book 'IT', it even guides you in how to take the perfect selfie, Alexa style.

alexa-chung-in-chanel-with-straw-bag.jpgstreet-style-model-alexa-chung--large-msg-134028401086.jpg

2. Kate Moss

Who hasn't idolised Kate at some point in their life? Every time I go out for drinks I try to emulate her smokey eye, however I look less Moss and more racoon. It was Kate who first wore Hunter wellies to Glastonbury, before then you just had to brave the trench foot. For that Kate, I thank you, you stylish and practical lady.

elle-01-kate-moss-birthday-miumiu-2012-xln.jpgMoss.jpg

1. Olivia Palermo

I'm convinced Palermo is super human. I like to convince myself that in the comfort of her own home she struts about in a holey, fleece onesie like the rest of us mere mortals- but let's be honest, she'd still pull it off. I can't talk about Olivia's style without mentioning her wedding dress and how incredible it was. It was everything you would ever dream a wedding dress to be, chic, classy and thoroughly modern. Palermo, we salute you!

20130201-221055.jpgOlivia_palermo_NYFW_BCBG.jpgolivia-palermo-giambattista-vali-spring-summer-2012-paris-fashion-show-dress.jpgolivia-palermo2.jpg



Have we missed any of your celebrity style crushes? If so, let us know by tweeting us @SHUstyleblog

Constance x



No comments:

Post a Comment